Reichenhainer Straße 1
Since the beginning, our street musicians have been an important part of the Fête de la Musique, in addition to the permanent stages. Throughout the whole inner city area we have already experienced many beautiful, touching, crazy and exciting musicians during the last few years. Do you want to be a part of it? Then please contact us by 1. June.
The Fête de la Musique on June 21 is a peaceful music festival open to all visitors. Nevertheless, on this day there are rules that have to be respected. As in every city around the world, permits from the authorities for open-air music are required in Chemnitz to protect residents and neighbors and serve the common good. Compliance with these official regulations is a prerequisite for the Fête de la Musique to obtain the necessary permits and thus continue to exist in the future.
- Street music / acoustic music making without electricity / without electrical amplification is allowed in the city center of Chemnitz in the period from 14:00 to 20:00.
- Registered open-air sites with electricity / with electrical amplification in the period from 14:00 to 21:00 hours, which have a permit pursuant to §11 of the State Immission Control Act Chemnitz from the authorities are allowed. At the street music sites of the Fete de la Musique, only 1x Schuko power connection will be provided.
- electrically amplified music by means of electricity (via sound reproduction devices, amplifiers, loudspeaker systems, battery-powered amplifiers, etc.) is generally not allowed!
- Acoustic music playing in front of institutions worthy of protection such as hospitals, old people’s homes, churches during church services and schools during school hours is not permitted.
- making music/playing music after the specified end time of 8:00 p.m. is not permitted.
It is about respect, consideration and understanding towards fellow human beings. It is about the continuation of the Fête de la Musique in Chemnitz. Thank you for respecting these rules.